Pretzels, Inc.'s manufacturing technology integrates silos, vacuum conveyor systems and computer controlled ingredient measurers that run simultaneously to all lines. Our Bluffton, Indiana plant has high speed mixers that can handle 550 lb. dough batches in 60 seconds. Our computer controlled delivery system can load, mix and discharge in about four minutes. These advanced processes let us move from one recipe to another seamlessly. From silo to mixer to oven to package to palletizer, everything is quality controlled - and fully automated.
- 300+ employees (4 shifts)
- 206,000 sq. ft. manufacturing/warehouse centrally located in Bluffton, IN
- 8 pretzel ovens (90 million lbs./year)
- 2 extruded corn lines (15 million lbs./year)
- 32 packing machines include form fill, seal to stand up, and flat bottom bags
- Unit weights from .5 oz. to 700 lb. totes
- Robotic palletizer to maximize cube
- Flexible and rigid (tubs) packaging options
Opening in 2017, this facility will create 65 new jobs and be responsible for peanut butter pretzel and bulk pretzel production. This facility will use the same state-of-the-art technology as the Bluffton plant to insure that every pretzel, no matter where it is produced will be of the highest quality that our customers have come to love.